1. EDS Wellness has an App! The App is free and has information about events, services, and classes.
To read about the EDS Wellness App, go to http://edswellness.org/index.php/eds-wellness-app/
To download the EDS Wellness App via iTunes, go to https://appsto.re/us/N7zbfb.i
To download the EDS Wellness App via Google Play, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.healcode.HC2207
The EDS Wellness App makes it easy to register for HelpLine Appointments, personal appointments, classes, workshops, and conferences. You can also register through EDS Wellness’ web page through the MindBody App itself (if you have it), through links provided on the EDS Wellness’ website or our other related sites.
2. The EDS Wellness HelpLine is open!
HelpLine Appointments can be scheduled through the EDS Wellness App, the MindBody App, or through the EDS Wellness website by going to http://edswellness.org/index.php/make-an-appointment/.
HelpLine Appointments are scheduled in 15 min increments and are done via phone or Skype. Facebook messenger is an option also.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. EDS Wellness held a series of 4 Mind-Body Strategies for Hypermobility and Chronic Pain classes at The Mindfulness Center in November 2016, which were a great success! Additionally, EDS Wellness is launching a weekly Mind-Body Strategies for Hypermobility and Chronic Pain Support Group Program and Research Project at The Mindfulness Center sometime in January/February 2017!
This weekly local program will provide a movement and mindfulness-based support-group program and class that provides a smaller and more intimate environment for those within the EDS community, who are interested and can meet in Bethesda, MD area each week. Through a collaboration, EDS Wellness is partnering with Dr. Deborah Norris, founder of The Mindfulness Center and Dr. Clair Francomano, to apply for research funding or grants to provide the necessary financing to conduct research along with the implementation of the local program, and also allow for the development of an online program that will eventually be available worldwide!
For more information, please visit http://edswellness.org/index.php/2016/11/04/mind-body-strategies-hypermobility-chronic-pain-begins-today/
4. Virtual EDS Ride for a Cause with Charity Footprints!
EDS Wellness has partnered with Charity Footprints and is launching (will be officially launching later today) a virtual bike/walk/run-a-thon in conjunction with the EDS Ride for Cause.
Link to EDS Wellness’ profile on Charity Footprints – https://www.charityfootprints.com/charity?name=eds-wellness-inc
The virtual EDS Ride for a Cause will go on through December 2016 and ends January 1st, 2017.
How to participate: https://www.charityfootprints.com/eventdetails?id=49
- Click registration link for the virtual EDS Ride for a Cause via Charity Footprints – https://www.charityfootprints.com/eventdetails?id=49
- Enter registration info.
- Pledge to walk/run/bike a certain # of miles – you decide between 1,5,10 or 50 miles.
- Pay flat registration amount of $10
- Decide a personal fundraising goal.
- Decide if you want to join a team or start your own 😉
- Enter a message for your donors (or not)
- Share your participation in the virtual EDS Ride for Cause. Invite your friends and family!
- Download the Charity Footprints App & track your workouts (and miles!). The Charity Footprints App is also a fitness/workout tracker!
If you track your steps or miles with a Fitbit, Apple iWatch, or another device and forgot to log your steps and miles through the Charity Footprints App, you can take a screen shot and send an email (or I’m happy to for you) to Charity Footprints. They will add your steps and miles manually.
***Integration with Fitbit and Apple iWatch, as well as the MindBody App (and the EDS Wellness App!) coming in early 2017!***
5. Physicians Learning Conference on June 11-12th, 2017 at The Salamander Resort in Middleburg, VA. Registration is now open! Go to http://edswellness.org/index.php/2017-physicians-learning-conference/
Early registration ends February 15th, 2017! If you would like flyers for any of these events to give to a provider, leave in an officer, or give to anyone else, please let me know. I’m happy to mail you printed flyers once I have them.
6. Wellapalooza 2017 Integrative Wellness Retreat – April 28th-30th, 2017 – Registration is now open! Early registration ends January 15th, 2017!
To learn more or to register, go to http://www.wellapalooza.com/wellapalooza-2017-retreat-schedule-and-information/
Alternate accommodations for both conferences, if interested in attending, but do not wish to stay at The Salamander Resort – http://www.wellapalooza.com/alternate-accommodations-wellapalooza-2017/
7. EDS Wellness is holding “Just 5 Minutes” classes LIVE via their Facebook page on Monday’s and Wednesday’s!
To register, go to http://edswellness.org/index.php/one-week-class-schedule/
You can also download the EDS Wellness App to register for the “Just 5 Minutes” classes – http://edswellness.org/index.php/eds-wellness-app/