CRPS sometimes occurs comorbidly in those with EDS, and often “spreads” through the body. The pain can be debilitating and crippling, caused by intense burning, pins and needles and other nerve or”shock” like pain. CRPS is also known as RSD and is considered “Neuro-Inflammatory Disorder” – a condition that involves dysfunction of the nervous system and the immune system. It’s described as a condition that “occurs when the nervous system and the immune system malfunction as they respond to tissue damage from trauma. The nerves misfire, sending constant pain signals to the brain. The level of pain is measured...Read More
1. EDS Wellness has an App! The App is free and has information about events, services, and classes. To read about the EDS Wellness App, go to http://edswellness.org/index.php/eds-wellness-app/ To download the EDS Wellness App via iTunes, go to https://appsto.re/us/N7zbfb.i To download the EDS Wellness App via Google Play, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.healcode.HC2207 The EDS Wellness App makes it easy to register for HelpLine Appointments, personal appointments, classes, workshops, and conferences. You can also register through EDS Wellness’ web page through the MindBody App itself (if you have it), through links provided on the EDS Wellness’ website or our other related...Read More
“I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers Network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company. “ I have to say – I was surprised. Pleasantly surprised. There have been several different types of monthly subscription lifestyle “boxes” that have landed outside of my front door over the last few years, including Barkbox for dogs. However, none have focused on sending treats and other fun things, nor have any been a lifestyle box with a...Read More
“I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company. “ Lately, I’ve lived, breathed and died thinking about posture, corrective exercises to help improve alignment, and ways to improve the overall biomechanical function of our machine — the body. Yes, our bodies are biomechanical machines. The reason I’ve been so entrenched in reading and learning about the importance of proper alignment, the natural biomechanical movements that our...Read More
Cannot load blog information at this time.
Stay in Touch!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Integrative Wellness Retreats: Wellapalooza
Move More. Move Better.: Moving Naturally with Hypermobility
(Top left pic is proper form for hip hinge – others are examples of going too far) The “hip hinge” is the perfect natural movement exercise that can be done easily. The point is to feel and learn how to engage the muscles that attach to your pelvis/SI joint and knees and to help prevent […]
Yoga for Hypermobility : The Hypermobile Yogi
- Practicing Yoga Safely with Hypermobility
- Mind-Body Strategies for Hypermobility with Chronic Pain Class at The Mindfulness Center with EDS Wellness
- Dr. Alan Pocinki’s Presentation at the EDS DC Support Group Meeting (March 2017)
- #EDSFitTip – Standing leg exercises for Hypermobility and Dysautonomia or POTS
- Featured Video
Mast Cell Research: Mast Cell Research
Dr. Afrin’s presentation slides on Mast Cell Activation Disorder (MCAD) from Wellapalooza 2017, are posted publicly with permission. If referring to this presentation or using to source in information, please source correctly by providing the following link http://mastcellresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/MCAD-Overview-2017-Wellapalooza-General.pptx Questions pertaining to this slide presentation can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to reach out to […]